Makes: 7 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Bake: 30 mins
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4cup honey
- 1 cup salted, roasted pistachios, shelled and coarsely chopped
- 3/4cup dried sour cherries
- 1/2cup dried blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees . On a large baking sheet, toss together the oats, almonds, sesame seeds and salt. In a glass measuring cup, combine the butter and honey, pour over the oat mixture and stir with a rubber spatula to blend. Spread evenly and bake for 30 minutes, stirring and spreading once with the spatula during cooking. Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine the pistachios, cherries and blueberries with the cooled oat mixture and toss to combine.
- Package the granola in cellophane bags tied with ribbons for gift giving.