Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 15 mins
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup chopped toasted pecans
- HONEY BROWNED BANANAS:
- 3 sliced bananas
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- In a medium bowl, whisk together both flours, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk together the milk, egg yolks and melted butter. Pour the wet mixture into the dry and stir until just combined and add in the chopped toasted pecans.
- Preheat a griddle or large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Meanwhile, beat the egg whites to soft peaks. Gently fold the whites into the batter.
- Grease the griddle and ladle on 1/4-cup portions of batter. Cook on 1 side until bubbles form and the pancakes are cooked around the edges, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Flip and cook through, 1 minute more. Top the cooked pancakes with honey-browned bananas: Brown 3 sliced bananas in 2 tbsp. butter, then remove from the heat and stir in 1/2 cup honey.