Refrigerate the bean and corn mixtures and the cilantro cream up to 1 day ahead. Then spoon onto the chips just before serving for a stress-free party snack.
Makes: 8 servings
Prep: 30 mins
- 1/3cup sour cream
- 1/4cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4teaspoon cayenne pepper (use less if you prefer)
- 1/3cup drained and rinsed canned corn
- 1/3cup drained and rinsed canned black beans
- Zest of 1 lime, finely chopped (about 2 teaspoons)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 16 round tortilla chips
- In a bowl, combine the sour cream, cilantro, cumin and cayenne. Stir well to combine. In a separate bowl, combine the corn, black beans, lime zest and lime juice. Stir well to combine, then season with salt and pepper. Spread 1 teaspoon of the sour cream mixture on each tortilla chip, followed by 2 teaspoons of the cornblack bean mixture and serve.