Makes: 8 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 25 mins
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups tomato puree
- 1 1/2-inch-thick slice of onion
- 6 whole cloves
- 1/2cup creme fraiche, plus more for serving
- In a heavy, medium saucepan or a Dutch oven, bring the vegetable broth, tomato puree, onion and cloves to a simmer. Partially cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Strain the soup through a sieve into a large bowl. Season with salt and whisk in 1/2 cup creme fraiche. Place in another bowl filled with ice to cool. Refrigerate until chilled, about 30 minutes. Serve in shot glasses, dollop with more creme fraiche.
- If you have 1 day: Do all your chopping in advance. Refrigerate chopped foods in plastic baggies and containers until you're ready to cook.