Try this snack after a days good deeds, or anytime you wanta sweet-and-spicy treat. Its healthy and utensil-unnecessary!
Makes: 1 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 10 mins
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon EVOO (extra-virgin olive oil)
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, cut into quarters and leaves separated
- 1/2 cup honey-roasted peanuts, chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- Season the chicken with salt. In a large skillet, heat the EVOO over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook, turning once, until golden, about 5 minutes. Add the pepper and cook, stirring, until tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in the chili sauce and honey and cook until slightly reduced.
- Arrange the lettuce cups on a platter. Divide the chicken mixture among the cups and top with the peanuts, lime juice and basil.