Guests will gobble up these spicy bite-size meatballs.
Makes: 12 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 25 mins
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4cup chicken broth
- 1/2cup bread crumbs
- 1/2cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 1/2teaspoons salt
- 1/8teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/4cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2cup chili sauce
- 1/2cup peach preserves
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees . In a large bowl, combine the eggs, chicken broth, bread crumbs, parmesan, parsley, salt and pepper. Mix in the ground beef and form into 1-inch meatballs.
- In a large, heavy skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-low heat. Add one-third of the meatballs and fry, stirring occasionally, until browned and cooked through, about 8 minutes. Drain on a paper-towel-lined plate; keep warm in the oven. Repeat with the remaining meatballs, adding a tablespoon of oil for each batch.
- In a food processor, puree the chili sauce, peach preserves and hot sauce. Transfer to a large microwaveable bowl and warm in the microwave. Add the meatballs and toss to coat; serve with toothpicks.