Just toast the baguette slices andstart topping!
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 10 mins
- 1 16 ounce container ricotta
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 baguette, cut on a bias into sixteen 1/2-inch slices
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for brushing
- In a large bowl, whisk together the ricotta, lemon peel, salt and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees . Arrange the baguette slices on a baking sheet and brush lightly with olive oil. Bake until golden, 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- Smear about 1 tablespoon of the ricotta spread on each of the toast slices.
- Grate 4 peeled red beets on a zester or the small side of a box grater and combine with the juice of 1 orange. Spoon about 1 tablespoon on each crostini. Drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil and sprinkle with grated orange peel.
- In a bowl, toss together 2 cups halved and slivered snow peas and 3 tablespoons rice vinegar. Spoon about 1 tablespoon of the drained mixture on each crostini. Sprinkle with some coarse sea salt and chopped toasted pecans.
- Using a sharp knife, finely chop 4 pitted ripe apricots. Spoon about 1 tablespoon of the fruit on each crostini. Drizzle generously with honey and sprinkle with finely chopped fresh mint.