Turn shrimp cocktail into a one-bite treat. No one likes being stuck with tail ends!
Makes: 12 servings
Prep: 20 mins
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Pinch salt
- 2 English cucumbers
- 12 ounces peeled, cooked shrimp, finely chopped (about 2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons minced jalapeno chile
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh mint
- In a small glass bowl, microwave the vinegar and sugar for 30 seconds or until hot. Stir until the sugar dissolves, season with the salt and let cool.
- Peel the cucumbers and trim off the ends. Cut each crosswise into 12 rounds. Scoop out part of the flesh from each round.
- In a bowl, mix together the shrimp, jalapeno and mint. Add the vinegar dressing and toss. Spoon the shrimp mixture into the cucumber rounds.