Prep: 20 mins
Bake: 30 mins
- 1 17.3ouncepackage (2 sheets) frozen puff pastry, such as Pepperidge Farm, slightly thawed
- 1 12 ouncepackage andouille sausage links, cut into 32 pieces
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1/2cups flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees . Line 2 baking sheets with parchment. Working with 1 puff pastry sheet at a time, cut the pastry crosswise into quarters, then halve lengthwise to form 8 rectangular pieces. Cut each piece diagonally to form 16 triangles. Repeat with the remaining puff pastry sheet.
- Working with 1 puff pastry triangle at a time (and refrigerating the remaining pastry as needed), arrange a piece of sausage across the base of the triangle and roll up snugly, sealing the pastry with a dab of beaten egg; transfer to the prepared pans. Brush the triangles with more beaten egg and bake until puffed and golden, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, using a food processor, blend the parsley, cilantro, garlic, olive oil, vinegar, crushed red pepper and 2 tablespoons warm water until almost smooth; season with salt and black pepper. Serve the pigs in blankets warm, with the chimichurri dip.