Makes: 12 servings
Prep: 30 mins
Bake: 20 mins
- 1/2pound spaghettini
- 2 1/4-inch-thick slices pancetta, cut into cubes
- 3/4cup grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2cup heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees . Lightly grease 2 muffin pans. In a pot of boiling, salted water, cook the spaghettini until al dente; drain and return to the pot.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, cook the pancetta over medium-low heat until the fat is rendered, about 7 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the pancetta to a small bowl. Pour the pancetta fat into the drained spaghettini and toss together with 1/2 cup cheese and 1 teaspoon pepper. Swirl a small forkful of spaghettini into each muffin cup until about one-third full.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs. Stir in the heavy cream and season with salt. Add about 1 tablespoon egg mixture to each muffin cup. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup cheese and the pancetta on top. Bake until lightly golden around the edges, about 20 minutes.