Chill 4 martini glasses in the freezer while you're making this dish, named for and inspired by crooner Dean Martin. Use toothpicks and seafood forks for serving.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 10 mins
- 6 ounces lump crabmeat, picked over for pieces of shell
- 3/4pound small, cooked shrimp--deveined, tails removed
- 2 shots premium vodka, chilled
- Grated peel and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 ribs celery from the heart, 1 finely chopped with leafy greens, 1 cut into 8 chunks
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce (eyeball it)
- 1 cup chili sauce
- Freshly ground pepper
- 8 jumbo olives with pimientos, for serving
- In a bowl, combine the crabmeat and shrimp with the vodka, lemon peel and juice; season with salt. Refrigerate for 10 minutes. In another bowl, mix the chopped celery, horseradish, hot sauce, chili sauce and pepper. Add the chilled seafood and toss; season with salt to taste.
- Divide the seafood among 4 chilled martini glasses. Skewer the olives and celery chunks on toothpicks and set in the glasses; set a cocktail fork next to each glass.