Serve these dumplings with a chili soy dipping sauce: Stir one tablespoon each of red chili sauce and soy sauce into a half cup of vegetable oil.
Makes: 48 servings
Prep: 45 mins
Cook: 15 mins
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 scallion, white and light green parts only, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger
- Salt and pepper
- 50 wonton wrappers
- In a large bowl, combine the pork, scallion, chives, soy sauce, vinegar and ginger. Season with salt and pepper.
- Brush 1 wonton wrapper with water and place 1 heaping teaspoon filling in the center. Fold the wrapper into a triangle, squeeze out the air and press the edges together to seal, wetting the dough if necessary to make it stick. Pinch together the 2 corners of the folded edge. Repeat with the remaining wrappers.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Working in batches, add the dumplings and boil until cooked through, about 3 minutes after the water returns to a boil. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain. Serve with dipping sauces.
- To fold a dumpling, wet the wrapper around the edges and place a spoonful of filling in the middle. Fold the wrapper corner to corner and seal the edges (use more water if necessary), then pinch together the two corners of the wrapper's edge.