Snacking is often mindless, a way to fill in the blanks between breakfast, lunch and dinner. But here at Every Day with Rachael Ray, we take it seriously. Look no further than this bite-size treat.
Makes: 20 servings
Prep: 20 mins
Bake: 25 mins
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground sage
- 4 tablespoons butter, chilled and cut into cubes
- 1 cup shredded parmesan
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Using a food processor, pulse the flour, salt, cayenne and sage until combined. Pulse in the butter until just incorporated. Pulse in the cheese and, with the machine running, add the cream and process until the dough forms a ball, about 10 seconds.
- Turn out the dough onto a 12-inch-long sheet of plastic wrap and shape into a 4-inch-long log; roll up and twist both plastic wrap ends to enclose. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to 3 days.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees . Slice the cheese log into 1/4-inch-thick slices and place 2 inches apart on a parchment-paper-lined baking sheet. Bake until golden-brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Transfer to a rack to cool.
- Stack pre-sliced cracker dough and freeze in an airtight container for up to 1 month -- no need to defrost before baking.