Snacking is often mindless, a way to fill in the blanks between breakfast, lunch and dinner. But here at Every Day with Rachael Ray, we take it seriously. Look no further than this bite-size treat.
Makes: 24 servings
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 10 mins
- 2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped chorizo sausage
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 48 wonton wrappers
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- In a medium bowl, combine the cheese, chorizo and cilantro. Lay 24 wonton wrappers on a work surface. Roll a tablespoon of the cheese mixture into a ball and place in the center of a wrapper; moisten the edge of the wrapper with water and top with another wrapper, pressing to remove any air and to seal. Repeat with the remaining wrappers and filling.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat. Add half of the dumplings in a single layer and pour in 1/2 cup water; cover and cook until the liquid cooks off and the dumplings are crispy underneath, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a platter. Repeat with the remaining dumplings.
- Freeze uncooked dumplings on a baking sheet, then transfer to a resealable plastic bag and freeze for up to 1 month. Cook, frozen, for an extra 2 to 3 minutes.