Makes: 6 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 10 mins
- 1 1/2 pounds strawberries, trimmed
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 baguette, split and sliced crosswise into thirds
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium. In a large saucepan, mash together the strawberries, lemon juice and vinegar and cook over high heat until softened, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Spread 2 tablespoons condensed milk on the cut sides of each baguette slice; let soak in 1 to 2 minutes. Grill the bread crust side down until warm, about 2 minutes; turn and grill until golden, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Top the grilled bread with the strawberries and let stand for a few minutes before serving.