Makes: 12 servings
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- Juice of 1/4 lemon
- A pinch of crushed red pepper
- 12 peeled and deveined tail-on jumbo shrimp
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for brushing
- In a large bowl, combine 1/2 cup ketchup, 1 1/2 tablespoons prepared horseradish, the juice of 1/4 lemon and a pinch of crushed red pepper. Reserve 1/4 cup of the cocktail sauce. Add 1 dozen peeled and deveined tail-on jumbo shrimp to the bowl and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Preheat a grill to medium-high. Thread the shrimp at the head and tail ends onto each of twelve 6-inch skewers. Brush both sides of each shrimp with extra-virgin olive oil. Grill for 3 minutes, flip and grill for 1 minute more. Brush with the reserved cocktail sauce.