Makes: 24 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 5 mins
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, smashed and peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound large shrimp--peeled, deveined and tails left on
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- Preheat a grill pan to medium-high. In a bowl, whisk the oil, garlic, Chinese five-spice powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add the shrimp and toss to coat. In a bowl, toss the scallion and sesame seeds.
- Grill the shrimp, turning once, until just firm and opaque, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle the scallion-sesame seed mixture on top.