Here's a green bean even the pickiest eater will devour!
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 20 mins
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 3/4 pound green beans
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges, for serving
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cornstarch, salt and pepper. Whisk in 3/4 to 1 cup cold water to form a smooth batter.
- Fill a skillet with enough oil to reach a depth of 1 to 2 inches and heat over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking (drop a bit of batter into the pan; if it sizzles immediately the oil is hot enough). Working in 4 batches, using tongs, dip the beans in the batter and add to the oil. Fry until golden, about 4 minutes; transfer to paper towels and repeat with the remaining beans. Serve in short glasses with lemon wedges on the side.
- Wash and thoroughly dry the beans before dipping them in the batter.