These Sinatra-inspired poker-night snacks are a sure winner at any party.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 20 mins
- 1/2teaspoon ground cloves or ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons grill seasoning, such as McCormick Grill Mates Montreal steak seasoning
- 1 1/2pounds ground chicken breast
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce (eyeball it)
- Flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped (a generous handful)
- 8 sheets phyllo dough
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees . In the bottom of a large bowl, combine the cloves, cumin, chili powder, poultry seasoning, paprika and grill seasoning. Add the chicken, shallot, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce and parsley, and stir to combine.
- On a nonstick baking sheet, brush a sheet of phyllo with half of the melted butter and top with a second phyllo sheet. Form one-quarter of the chicken mixture into a log the length of the pastry. Roll the log tightly in the phyllo. Repeat with remaining chicken mixture and phyllo. Cut each log into 3 "cigars," for a total of 12, and brush with the rest of the butter.
- Bake the cigars until evenly golden and firm, 15 to 20 minutes.