Make a bite-size treat that really satisfies!
Makes: 18 servings
Prep: 25 mins
Bake: 15 mins
- 1 17.3 ounce package frozen puff pastry (2 sheets), thawed
- 6 ounces fresh goat cheese, cut into 18 pieces
- 5 fresh or dried figs, quartered
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Unfold puff pastry sheets onto a lightly floured surface; smooth out. Cut into eighteen 3-inch squares.
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 425 degrees . Place a piece of cheese in the center of each puff pastry square. Top each with a piece of fig. Brush the edges of each square with some of the egg, then gather up the edges and twist and pinch to seal. Place the purses on 2 parchment-paper-lined baking sheets, cover loosely with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes or up to 6 hours.
- Lightly brush the pastry purses on 1 baking sheet with more egg, then bake until puffed and golden, about 15 minutes. Repeat with the remaining purses. Serve warm.
- Hall Sauvignon Blanc Napa Valley 2007 (California), Pacific Rim Riesling Wallula Vineyard 2007 (Washington)