"I'm a guacamole girl. Growing up in a Mexican family, we even served it for breakfast."
Makes: 12 servings
Prep: 15 mins
- 8 large avocados, chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 small serrano chiles, finely chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro, finely chopped
- Juice of 3 lemons
- Salt and pepper
- Tortilla chips, for serving
- In a large bowl, add the avocados, tomatoes, onion, chiles, cilantro and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper. Mash together. Serve with the tortilla chips.
- Use the ripest avocados you can find.
- Lemons are for guacamole, limes are for salsa.
- Try serrano peppers instead of jalapenos.
- Skip the garlic.
- Save the mixing until the end.