Refrigerate this dip up to two days in an airtight container.
Makes: 8 servings
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 15 mins
- 4 yellow bell peppers
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 8 ouncepackage cream cheese, softened
- 6 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 1 small bulb jicama
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 red bell peppers, sliced lengthwise
- Cherry tomatoes
- Roast 3 yellow bell peppers under the broiler or over a flame, turning with tongs, until charred all over. Transfer to a bowl, cover tightly with plastic wrap and let cool.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, add the shallot, garlic, olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Cook over medium heat, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the cumin and cook for 1 minute more. Let cool.
- Peel the roasted peppers, discarding the stems and seeds, and transfer to a food processor; add the cream cheese. Process until nearly smooth, transfer to a bowl and stir in the cooled shallot mixture and the sour cream. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or up to 2 days.
- In a medium pot of boiling water, cook the green beans for 1 minute. Drain and rinse with cold water. Peel the jicama and cut into 3/4-inch-thick spears; toss with the lime juice. Slice the remaining yellow bell pepper lengthwise into strips.
- Season the dip with salt and pepper and serve with the green beans, jicama, red bell pepper and tomatoes.