Deviled eggs are a fun way to offer an appetizer that guests can just pick up and eat in a couple of bites. Hard-cooked eggs go well with so many different flavors.
Makes: 4 servings
- 6 large eggs
- 2 ounces smoked salmon, diced
- 2 tablespoons creme fraiche
- 1 tablespoon sliced chives
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cayenne pepper
- 1 lemon, cut in half
- Paprika, for garnish
- Place the eggs in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring the water to a boil, then cover and remove from the heat. Let the eggs sit in the hot water, covered, for 12 to 15 minutes. Drain the hot water and run cold water over the boiled eggs until cool.
- Peel the eggs and cut each egg in half lengthwise. Gently remove the yolks from the center and place them in a small mixing bowl. Set the egg white halves aside.
- Add the smoked salmon, creme fraiche, chives and mustard to the egg yolks and stir to combine. Season to taste with salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper. Squeeze enough of the lemon juice into the yolk mixture to season to taste.
- Spoon the yolk mixture back into the egg whites. Garnish with paprika and serve.