Refrigerate these bites after you assemble them until your guests arrive.
Makes: 8 servings
Prep: 30 mins
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup jarred pickled beets, drained and chopped
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 European cucumber, sliced into 16 rounds (1/4 inch thick)
- 4 ounces sliced smoked salmon, cut into 16 strips
- In a bowl, combine the sour cream, cream cheese, beets and fennel seeds and stir well. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Place a cucumber round on a platter and top with a dollop of the beet mixture. Roll up a salmon strip and place on top of the beet mixture. Repeat with the remaining cucumber rounds.