Makes: 12 servings
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 5 mins
- 1 mint tea bag
- 1/2cup boiling water
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4cup finely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/4cup fresh mint leaves, finely chopped, plus 24 leaves for garnish
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 6 thin slices pumpernickel bread, crusts removed
- 1 English cucumber, cut into 24 thin slices
- Steep the tea bag in the boiling water for 2 to 3 minutes. Strain and let cool.
- In a medium bowl, mix the cream cheese, walnuts, 1/4 cup mint and 4 to 5 tablespoons brewed tea into a paste. Season to taste with salt.
- Lightly butter each bread slice on 1 side and cut each slice into 4 squares. Place a cucumber slice on the buttered side of the bread, top with the cream cheese mixture and garnish with a mint leaf.
- Serve any leftover cream cheese mixture as a spread with crackers.