When Kelly Rowe makes deviled eggs, he uses his mothers traditional recipe. In a nod to his home state of California, Kelly sometimes stirs in a little Philippes hot mustard.
Prep: 20 mins
- 12 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and halved lengthwise
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 scallions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle juice
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- Sweet paprika, for sprinkling
- In a medium bowl mash the egg yolks. Stir in the mayonnaise, scallions, parsley, pickle juice, mustard, dill, cumin and garlic powder; season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the mixture into the egg white halves. Sprinkle each deviled egg with paprika.