Makes: 8 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 30 mins
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 1/2 pounds onions, sliced
- 4 sprigs thyme
- Salt and pepper
- 1 granny smith applepeeled, cored, halved and thinly sliced
- In a skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions, thyme, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and cook until the onions are softened, about 8 minutes.
- Add the apple, lower the heat to medium-low and cook, stirring, until tender, about 10 minutes. Increase the heat to medium-high and cook until caramelized, about 10 minutes; season with salt and pepper. Serve warm.