Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 30 mins
Cook: 7 mins
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 8 6 inches white corn tortillas, quartered
- 1 15 1/2 ounce can pinto beans, drained and lightly mashed
- 1 cup shredded cooked brisket (about 5 ounces)
- 2 cups shredded colby and monterey jack cheese mix (8 ounces)
- 1 small head green-leaf lettuce, shredded
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- Chunky tomato salsa, sour cream and guacamole, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees . Fill a large, deep skillet with enough oil to reach a depth of 1/2 inch and heat until shimmering, about 10 minutes. Working in batches, fry the tortilla wedges, turning once, until golden, about 1 minute on each side. Transfer to paper towels to drain and season immediately with salt. Let cool.
- Lay the tortilla chips flat on a baking sheet and top with the beans, brisket and cheese. Bake until the cheese melts and the brisket is heated through, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Mound the lettuce in the center of a platter and top with the chopped tomato. Lay the nachos so they are just overlapping, in a ring around the lettuce. Serve with the salsa, sour cream and guacamole on the side.