Makes: 6 servings
Prep: 20 mins
Grill: 30 mins
- 2 eggplants (1 1/2 to 2 lbs.)
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 large clove garlic finely grated
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- EVOO, for drizzling
- 3 large pitas
- 1 cup olives
- Preheat a grill to medium. Prick the eggplant all over with a fork. Grill, turning frequently, until the skin is charred all over, 10 to 15 minutes. Transfer to a cooler part of the grill and continue cooking until the eggplant is very soft, 5 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and let cool slightly.
- Peel the eggplant and discard the skin and any juices. Mash the eggplant with a fork, then beat in the yogurt, tahini, lemon juice, garlic and cayenne; season with salt. Top with the parsley and drizzle with EVOO.
- Grill the pitas until warm; cut or tear into eighths. Serve with the baba ghanoush and olives.