Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 20 mins
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound store-bought pizza dough
- 1 1/4 cups ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound thin asparagus, trimmed and halved
- 6 ounces Gruyere cheese, grated (2 cups)
- 3 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, cut into strips
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees . Brush a rimmed baking sheet with the olive oil. Place the pizza dough on the pan and stretch to fit (if the dough is resistant, cover with a kitchen towel and refrigerate for a few minutes). Spread the ricotta on the dough. Sprinkle the Parmesan on top and season with salt and pepper. Nestle the asparagus pieces in the cheese and sprinkle the Gruyere on top.
- Bake the pizza until the crust is brown and the cheese is bubbling, about 20 minutes. Scatter the prosciutto over the top and cut into squares.
- di Lenardo Toh! Tocai Friulano 2005 (Italy)
- Look for pizza dough in the freezer section, or ask your local pizzeria to sell you a pound.
- Pull the dough gently in all directions to loosen.
- Let the dough hang from your fingers or fists and pull it back and forth so it stretches evenly.
- Pull the dough to fit a baking sheet, stretching it as thin as you like.