Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 30 mins
Cook: 10 mins
- 1 cup canned pure pumpkin puree
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese, plus shaved parmesan for serving
- 1 large egg
- Salt and pepper
- 32 wonton wrappers
- 1/4 cup shelled pumpkin seeds (pepitas), toasted
- 6 tablespoons butter
- In a medium bowl, mash together the pumpkin, cream cheese, parmesan, egg and 2 pinches each salt and pepper.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. Spoon a tablespoon of the pumpkin-cream cheese filling into the center of 16 wonton wrappers, brush the edges with water, top with the remaining 16 wrappers and press to seal, gently squeezing out the air. Arrange in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt the butter; keep warm.
- Working in 3 batches, cook the ravioli in the boiling water until they float to the surface, about 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, add the ravioli to the butter in the skillet and turn gently to coat.
- Divide the ravioli among 4 plates; season with salt and pepper. Scatter the toasted pumpkin seeds on top and pass the shaved parmesan at the table.
- Rosenblum Cellars Viognier Kathy's Cuvee 2006 (California)
- Look for wonton wrappers in the refrigerated foods section of the supermarket.