Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 10 mins
- 2 3 ounce packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- In a small bowl, mix the two cheeses, lemon peel, coriander and pepper with a fork.
- Lay 12 wonton wrappers on a work surface (cover the remaining wrappers to keep them from drying out). Dollop a rounded tablespoon of the cheese mixture in the center of each wrapper. Working in batches of 4, brush the edges of the wonton wrappers with water. Lay 1 of the remaining wonton wrappers on top of each filled wonton, pressing lightly on the center to flatten the cheese mixture; press the edges together with your fingers to seal. Transfer to a platter. Repeat with the remaining wrappers.
- In a large, heavy skillet, heat the oil over medium heat until the surface ripples, about 5 minutes. With a slotted spoon, carefully place 3 wontons in the hot oil. Cook until the edges begin to brown, about 30 seconds, then turn and cook until golden brown on both sides, about 30 seconds more. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate to drain. Repeat with the remaining ravioli. Serve 3 ravioli per person.
- Hedges CMS White Columbia Valley 2005 (Washington)
- Serve the ravioli with a tossed green salad.