Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 25 mins
- 1 pound broccoli rabe, trimmed
- 1 pound chicken tortellini
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces sliced oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- Grated Parmesan cheese, for serving
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the broccoli rabe for 1 minute. Using tongs, immediately transfer the broccoli rabe to a colander, rinse under cold water and pat dry.
- Add the tortellini to the boiling water and cook according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the broccoli rabe and crushed red pepper. Season with salt and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the butter and sun-dried tomatoes and cook for 1 minute more. Add the wine and simmer until reduced, about 3 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the tortellini to the vegetables. Scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the skillet and toss to mix. Transfer to shallow bowls and top with Parmesan cheese.
- Kaiken Malbec 2005 (Argentina)
- Replace the broccoli rabe with any green, such as Swiss chard, bok choy or arugula.