Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 4 mins
- Coarse salt
- 2 pounds asparagus, tough ends trimmed
- 2 oranges (preferably Valencia)
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Fill a large bowl with ice water. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the asparagus and cook until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Transfer the asparagus to the ice bath and let sit for 1 minute, then drain and set aside.
- Peel the oranges, cutting off the underlying white pith. Cut between the membranes to release the segments.
- Whisk together the orange juice and olive oil. To serve, divide the asparagus, blue cheese and oranges among 4 salad plates. Drizzle each with about 1 tablespoon of the dressing. Sprinkle with salt to taste.